[mythtv] tuner troubleshooting

Jason Hiller jasonchiller at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 7 19:49:20 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 12:07 AM, Jason Hiller <jasonchiller at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am having trouble with mythtv recognizing my Hauppauge HVR-1600 card.

This sounds like the upstream bug in the kernel, related
to the patch at https://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/13563/
As I recall, it is included in only very recent kernels
(I think 3.9, but I have not checked that carefully).
You may need to upgrade your kernel, or build your
own v4l-dvb modules.

Gary

Thanks for the information.  I am running version 3.2.0-48 of the kernel.  So how can I check what version of the kernel that patch is in?  In the meantime maybe I will try building the v4l libraries.  Thanks.