[mythtv] Extending mythnotification UDP interface?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 23:29:51 UTC 2013

On 5 July 2013 04:38, Warpme <warpme at o2.pl> wrote:

> So now for me only missing thing - for having production-grade
> notifications - is issue with Esc when notification is during playback.
> Currently Esc causes playback exit (with still present notification)
> instead of clearing notification and keeping playback.
> Is this issue by design or it is rather "work-in-progress" thing?

that you can discard a notification with ESC is actually not something I
intended and is a side effect on how mythui handle windows.

During video playback, things are drawn completely differently, there's no
focus handling of any kind, as such, ESC only works on the main window.

need to look into it

> BTW: fe shows me in log things like this:
> 2013-07-04 18:37:12.481731 I  Received notification 'message_text',
> timeout 48
> 2013-07-04 18:37:12.482338 N  Custom notification theme request type:big,
> will load:notification-big
> QPainter::begin: Paint device returned engine == 0, type: 3

Drawing in non-opengl screen is giving an absolute grief... I've been
working on it the past two days; for what I thought would only take me a
few hours... I think I've now identified the problem and I hope to have it
resolved today.
Having said that, I've been having that thought many times previously, and
none of them turned out to be the entire issue.

Core issue is that during video playback, the screen resolution is actually
of the video your currently playing. So all the widget areas and positions
are wrong.

JY