[mythtv] how mythtv handles udp multicast of mpeg ts stream having multiple streams

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 00:48:46 UTC 2013

On 18 January 2013 23:27, radhika g <gradhika.dn at gmail.com> wrote:
> #EXTM3U
> #EXTINF:0,1 - testudp
> udp://@239.255.0.0:5000

[...]
> I think based on the pid, we should be able split  and record the streams.
> But since we are giving "channel1" in m3u file, how are we going to display
> multiple streams. Any suggestions on how to handle the incoming stream.

What you put in the m3u other that the URL, serves no purpose
whatsoever other than being used as the channel name during the first
scan.
So you're not setting put which channel you need to use.

myth doesn't allow to switch video stream in a mpeg-ts file, it takes
the first one which may not be usable.
Try upgrading to master instead, there's a new method for determining
which video stream is best... You'll still be able to only watch one
and can't switch to the others.

Having said that, I had never heard of an iptv channels streaming a TS
with multipliple video stream