[mythtv] Mythlcdserver crashes often

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Sat Feb 16 09:11:11 UTC 2013

On 16.02.2013 09:19, Thomas Börkel wrote:

> For a long time, (probably after upgrading from a 20x2 LCD to a 20x4
> LCD), mythlcdserver crashes very often for me. And when it does, it will
> display only menu navigation and backend recordings from there on and no
> more info for watching a recording. This happens on 2 different
> machines. One with a real display and one with ncurses simulation.
>
> Using lcdproc 0.5.2
>
> Because I had an outdated MythTV version (0.23.1) since now, I did not
>
> But now I have 0.26-20130121 and I still see the same crashes. In the
> past, it just died and now I get some crash information. Maybe this helps:
>
> *** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/mythlcdserver: free(): invalid pointer:
> 0x08162130 ***

While I have no idea what the issue might be its hard to tell without
backtrace and logs.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Debugging#Getting_a_Backtrace

There is a similar sounding issue open at
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11379

If your backtrace turns out similar to the one at the ticket that might
be a helpful hint as to whats going on.

Regards,
Karl