[mythtv] new mythimage plugin?

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Fri Apr 5 15:14:54 UTC 2013

On 4/5/13 9:37 AM, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 04, 2013 at 08:17:55PM +0200, Warpme wrote:
>> Robert,
>>
>> I think mythimage has GREAT potential. Thx for sharing it with us.
>>
>> I have question regarding SG.
>> In my system I have central headless BE and diskless FEs connected
>> via GE LAN.
>> Currently I'm able to scan & watch pictures when FE&BE are on the same host.
>>
>> Trying to watch pictures on remote FE gives:
>>
>> 2013-04-04 20:01:56.840353 E MythUIHelper: LoadScaleImage(myth://Pictures@localhost:6543//myth/gallery/Urodziny/18.11.2008/DSC00250.JPG)
>> failed to load remote image
>> 2013-04-04 20:01:56.840382 E MythUIHelper: LoadScaleImage(myth://Pictures@localhost:6543//myth/gallery/Urodziny/18.11.2008/DSC00250.JPG)
>> failed to load image
> Sorry for butting in, I'd say the reason is because of:
> myth://Pictures@localhost:
>                  ^^^^^^^^^
> 		localhost is for the local machine you are on, if you
> 		want to use another machine to have the images, then
> 		you'll need to give it the correct address, the ip
> 		address should be enough.
>
> Make sure you also check the file path is the correct one.
>
> Disclaimer: I don't run myth, and  don't know the canonical way that the
> myth system does it.

The whole idea with SG is to give abstraction layer between App and
underlying storage infrastructure - so using IP in client SG access
should be not needed.
I think there is kind of bug in plugin as
"myth://Pictures@localhost:6543//myth/gallery/Urodziny/18.11.2008/DSC00250.JPG"
seems to be strange for me....
IIRC: if "Pictures" SG is with patch "/myth/gallery" then access should
be "myth://Pictures@<BE IP>:6543//Urodziny/18.11.2008/DSC00250.JPG"
br