[mythtv] using libmythfreemheg

David Matthews dm at prolingua.co.uk
Tue Sep 11 08:42:42 UTC 2012

On 10/09/2012 22:33, Carey Stevens wrote:
> I am interested in developing mheg code, and was wondering if there was a
> way to use the libmythfreemheg without writing an app around it already. I
> guess the developers of the library have a test harness for it or some way
> to load mheg either from asn.1 binary or transport stream files? But I
> havent found it.
>
> Can anyone suggest how I could test that library against mheg samples I
> have?

I did originally develop it in that way but I think the current version
in Myth has moved sufficiently that even if I could find the application
I used I'm not sure it would work with the current code.  If you'd like
to contact me off-list I may be able to help.  Certainly the intention
was to have a library that was generally useful.

David