[mythtv] GetMythDownloadManager -> download returning stale data?

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 02:43:15 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:
> Also, have you tried just letting the webserver compress and
> QNetworkAccessManager/client decompress the data instead of
> pre-compressing and having to gUncompress it after you download it?
> That might eliminate some of the delay.

The files are already pre-compressed on the server, so there's no
delay there. I'm looking at how the themechooser does things as
possible inspiration. I have no idea if users are on dial-up anymore,
but for any files that are significantly large, 10 seconds may be too
short a time to complete the download process if it's done in blocking
mode.

If I instead fire off multiple queueDownload's, then it doesn't appear
that I'll run into the 10 second timer. Since queueDownload doesn't
block, would it just be easier set up a loop that checks the download
directory for the correct number of files, sleep for 30 seconds if
they're not all downloaded, repeat? Then, if all the files aren't
downloaded within some reasonable time period, exit the loop, process
the files that we did download and just move on...

A quick glance at mythdownloadmanager.cpp doesn't show any sort of
timeout for the queueDownload; is there something that will clean up a
zombie queued download?