[mythtv] Planned update of RPM Fusion packages to 0.26

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Oct 23 18:04:52 UTC 2012

On 23/10/12 18:13, Richard Shaw wrote:
> Well I tried to get x264 updated in Fedora 16 in order to support 0.26
> (>=118 is required, only 116 is available) but it was rejected. This
> means there will be no 0.26 update for Fedora 16.
>
> At this point can anyone tell me if there is a reason NOT to update
> the other Fedora branches to 0.26? Are there any bad bugs or show
> stoppers? (Trac links appreciated).
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

I suppose this must be an ATrpms/RPM_Fusion difference, but I find I
have many ATrpms libx264_X packages installed, X <= 118, and no x264
packages, although they exist in the repo in versions 112, 114, 115 and
118.  I'm not aware of any problems with them but I don't use 264 often;
  ATrpms is currently without mythtv >= 0.25 although I'm running  0.25.2.

The '118' packages are dated 2011-11-11

HTH

John P