[mythtv] Logo detection and TFW buffer exceeded

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Mon Oct 15 15:38:38 UTC 2012

At 4:19 PM -0400 10/12/12, Daniel Thor Kristjansson wrote:
>On 10/12/2012 04:06 PM, Craig Treleaven wrote:
>
>>By chance, I noticed the commit to master from #11061 (Speed up TFW
>>recovery after falling behind on writes.)  Is it possible that I'm
>>experiencing a consequence of this?  Do you know if that patch is going
>>to be back-ported to .25-fixes?
>
>The code in question is in 0.25-fixes, and I'll likely backport
>it eventually. But if there is evidence it's causing your issue
>I'll backport it ASAP.
>
>Can you test apply that patch and try to reproduce the issue?

I applied the 2-line commit:

http://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/commit/?id=dc0bf9b03248775bbd186f4029b217bba9d4b6a6

Then did a 'stress test':  recorded 2 HD and 2 SD streams
simultaneously and permitted commflag jobs to run (one at a time).
All recordings completed successfully--no truncations!  When I did
this test previously, it resulted in a failed recording.

I want to leave this running for a few days.  Wednesday and Thursday
nights require more simultaneous recordings.  I'll report back if I
notice any problems.

Nonetheless, I consider this patch to have fixed my problem.

Thanks,

Craig