[mythtv] #10732 patch

Phas Mid phasmid90210 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 14 10:53:19 UTC 2012

Hi,

I recently rebuilt my myth box from scratch on mythbuntu 12.04, the only thing in common is the PVR 150 card. I've been experiencing the zero byte recording issue in #10732.

I had assumed this was an ivtv driver problem, because I was seeing ivtv kernel logs at the time that the recordings began to fail. This also seemed consistent with the other ivtv issues being reported where people had been completely reloading the ivtv modules to address the problem. My symptoms are generally fatal once this is seen in kernel logs:

Oct 14 12:31:01 mythtv kernel: [16669.063428] ivtv0: Encoder has died : ivtv_serialized_open
Oct 14 12:31:01 mythtv kernel: [16669.063431] ivtv0: Detected in ivtv_serialized_open that firmware had failed - Reloading

My question is regarding the patch in the ticket - if this patch was to fix that problem, then it would suggest that myth is the cause of the ivtv errors rather than the recipient. I don't understand what myth is doing at this point to know how hard it is bashing against the ivtv driver but it seems pretty serious if it is causing the card firmware to die?

I'm wondering if this is two bugs rather than a single bug.

Thanks,