[mythtv] Issues with 0.26, gentoo, and zeromq

Marc Tousignant myrdhn at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 03:53:05 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Tousignant [mailto:myrdhn at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 11:37 PM
To: 'Development of MythTV'
Subject: RE: [mythtv] Issues with 0.26, gentoo, and zeromq

Well, the 0.26 ebuild works, even when I update it to pull the tarball for
the same version I am installing via git. Which tells me it HAS to have
something to do with how he install happens.
The install section of my ebuild has been largely untouched for years, so
why did it break now?
There has to be something different with how zeromq installs when compared
to all the rest of the code.
Still, I'm trying to find an alternate solution.

For install, I use:
        einstall INSTALL_ROOT="${D}"
and the official uses:
        make INSTALL_ROOT="${D}" install

I tried switching to the above, but it failed with sandbox errors on the
rest of myth, didn't even make it to installing the zeromq section before
bombing out.

I'm testing this atm:
        emake INSTALL_ROOT="${D}" install

Will report back.

MarcT

--------

Same issue running emake as I got running make.
Install bombs with a sandbox error on installing FFmpeg.

I'm open to other ideas, but atm it points to something off on the zeromq
config.

MarcT