[mythtv] Should eitfixup always fill in syndicatedepisodenumber ?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Nov 19 16:48:30 UTC 2012

On 11/15/2012 08:28 AM, Håkon Alstadheim wrote:
> Hi all, I'm doing some adjustments to eitfixup for Norwegian DVB that
> I hope will be useful for others aswell, and I wonder: when eit
> description only gives me episode number and not season, should I then
> leave syndicatedepisodenumber in the event blank, or should I set it
> to something like "E2S0" ? Or maybe just "E2" ?
>
> I THINK I have searched all relevant wikis for info on
> episode/series/part numbers, but I can't find a canonical description
> of this.
>
> Appreciate any hints.

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you on this one (been busy
traveling for work), but as mentioned in my reply to your other thread (
http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2012-November/073067.html ),
syndicatedepisodenumber should be left blank unless you have the actual
value of the production-company-specified "syndicated" or official
episode ID.

Oh, and I probably should have mentioned that there will be some changes
to the schema "soon" that will help to make the season/episode
information much more sane than current.

Mike