[mythtv] Recording (dumping) streams to disk in mythmusic ?

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Wed Nov 14 19:27:12 UTC 2012

On 14.11.2012 20:18, Warpme wrote:

> I'm wonder Devs opinion about implementing recording (dumping) streams
> to disk in mythmusic Internet stream player.

I see no issue if the result is similar to DVB/Analog radio support. If
its heading down the stream-ripper-and-cutting-songs-automatically-for-
the-uber-Jukebox road I'm not so sure.

> Are there an objections for extending mythstream with such functionality ?

I'd love to see it wrapped as a normal recorder. Maybe just hook
it up to the IPTV Recorder similar to the HLS recorder.
Bonus points for wrapping MP3/AAC into proper TS with the metadata
converted to proper RDS or that Apple ID3 in TS format :-)

An example for the visualization of "now playing" can be found at
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4967 though thats for a private
stream type.

Regards,
Karl