[mythtv] xbmc as FE (Was Re: Live-TV Stutter Patch 0.25 Backport)

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Fri Nov 9 09:55:42 UTC 2012

2012/11/9 Greg G. <dargllun at googlemail.com>:
> On 08.11.2012 22:20, Max Wolkinger wrote:
>> I was able to semi-fix it by switching to XBMC 12 beta with mythtv PVR
>> addon as a frontend, which works really great - so the mythtv backend
>> seems to behave ok, the issue is with the frontend. Oh and I also got
>> VAAPI working, which somehow never seemed to work with myth.
>
> Interesting. Mabye I need to test this again. About 9 month ago I tried
> XBMC eden with all available PVR addons and all available backends
> (myth, tvheadend, vdr) and found neither combination satisfying. The
> eyecandy is brilliant for sure, but after all efforts I crawled back to
> myth FE/BE simply because it's the most fluent workflow when the main
> use case is the PVR, and because it has less clicks on the remote to do
> X, X being almost anything.
>
> Having said that I must admit that about a month ago I have ditched
> mythmusic for good in favor of squeezecenter running on my NAS and
> squeezeplay next to the myth FE.

Greg, in case you haven't noticed, you're posting to the MythTV
development list. This list is dedicated to questions and discussions
about the development of MythTV. Please use the mythtv-users mailing
list for all questions related to the configuration of MythTV or
generel discussion about MythTV.

Best regards
Kenni