[mythtv] xbmc as FE (Was Re: Live-TV Stutter Patch 0.25 Backport)

Greg G. dargllun at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 9 08:21:25 UTC 2012

On 08.11.2012 22:20, Max Wolkinger wrote:
> I was able to semi-fix it by switching to XBMC 12 beta with mythtv PVR
> addon as a frontend, which works really great - so the mythtv backend
> seems to behave ok, the issue is with the frontend. Oh and I also got
> VAAPI working, which somehow never seemed to work with myth.

Interesting. Mabye I need to test this again. About 9 month ago I tried
XBMC eden with all available PVR addons and all available backends
(myth, tvheadend, vdr) and found neither combination satisfying. The
eyecandy is brilliant for sure, but after all efforts I crawled back to
myth FE/BE simply because it's the most fluent workflow when the main
use case is the PVR, and because it has less clicks on the remote to do
X, X being almost anything.

Having said that I must admit that about a month ago I have ditched
mythmusic for good in favor of squeezecenter running on my NAS and
squeezeplay next to the myth FE.

--
Regards
greg