[mythtv] MythTV audio initialization
dargllun at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 7 08:51:58 UTC 2012
I'm seeing the following strange effect:
- system starts from S3 suspend.
- NVidia X server still running ok
- cat /proc/asound/card#0/eld lists an invalid ELD
- speaker-test runs, but produces no sound
- cat /proc/asound/card#0/eld still invalid
- now I start mythfrontend, but no playback
- now /proc/asound/card#0/eld is valid!
So the good news is there is no mythtv bug, actually more of a feature!
But I would really like to know what magic it is that mythfrontend does
here. Can I reproduce that on the command line?
Reason I'm asking is that I would like to keep mythfrontend running
while suspending to S3 to keep the start-up time shorter. But after
wakeup I want a working audio device to be able to run non-mythtv PCM
based applications. Any magic alsctl incantation I could try?
Thanks for any insights!
More information about the mythtv-dev