[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by danielk. v0.27-pre-85-g6122c1b

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sun Nov 4 10:57:55 UTC 2012

On 29/10/12 18:20, Git Repo Owner wrote:
> The branch, master has been updated on the
> mythtv repository by gitolite user danielk.
>         via  6122c1bd42b0b8df80a797347daf613eafd8da46 (commit)
>        from  cac141305e511e96002181aebe08a2e513b6292c (commit)
>
> Those revisions listed above that are new to this repository have
> not appeared on any other notification email; so we list those
> revisions in full, below.
>
> - Log -----------------------------------------------------------------
> commit 6122c1bd42b0b8df80a797347daf613eafd8da46
> Author:    Daniel Thor Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> at Mon, 29 Oct 2012 14:18:34 -0400
> Committer: Daniel Thor Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> at Mon, 29 Oct 2012 14:18:34 -0400
>
> Fixes #11197. mythzoneminder event date is in localtime not utc..

Daniel, this is causing more problems that it solves. If ZM is set to
use it's deep filesytem storage the event date is used to find the
various frames. Because the event start time is now in UTC MythZM is now
failing to find the frames. I could add more hacks to correct this but
it's going to have a big performance hit because there would have to be
a UTC to local time conversion for each frame.

I'd much rather the event times go back to being stored in local time
and we come to some sort of agreement on how we fix the original problem
which was the event times being displayed incorrectly. We could forget
about using MythDate::toString() altogether and just have MythZM do its
own formatting but then you loose the consistency thing. We could add a
new MythDate::kDontFuckWithTheTimelKnowWhatImDoing flag to force
MythDate::toString() to leave the time alone or just apply the original
two line fix or any other ideas?

Paul H.