[mythtv] FFMpeg sync

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Wed May 9 05:24:26 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 10:12 PM, Shawn king <slackerlinux85 at gmail.com> wrote:
> you could probably get rid of mythutil.c file and replace it with
> avcodec_get_name in avcodec.h and av_get_media_type_string in avutil.h

Probably.  I will be looking into this in a few days anyways :)

> would also be nice to have configure call ffmpegs configure script like what
> happens in xbmc instead of merging it all into one single configure script.

You don't know the half of it.  I'm not sure quite why it was decided
to do it this way originally, but I'm not a fan at all.  Every ffmpeg
sync requires a reworking of our configure to put in all their new
stuff.  It's tiring and error-prone.  My intention is to do just that,
run configure within ffmpeg separately, and then if mythtv needs the
details from there, we can include their config.mak rather than
sharing as we are now.  However, this takes a bit of thought and
effort, and isn't at the top of my list.  I would like to have
switched before the next sync though.