[mythtv] status of MythTV wrt Coverity Scan

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon May 7 17:19:26 UTC 2012

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 5:03 PM, Erik Hovland <erik at hovland.org> wrote:
> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
>> Isn't the next release posted as the current release on mythtv.org
>> likely to be built from fixes/0.25?
>
> No, the next release of MythTV will be from master.

I think this is an issue of the overloading of the term
release.

The 0.26 release will be based on git master.
The 0.25.1 release will be based on git fixes/0.25.

It seems likely that a 0.25.1 release will happen
before 0.26, but that is up to the devs (I suspect
there will be a 0.25.1, but since I have heard that
there are thoughts to move to a faster release
cycle, there may never be a 0.25.2 before 0.26).

However, at this time, the only codes that I have
seen committed to fixes/0.25 are first committed
to master (and then cherry picked for fixes/0.25).
So, all the codes that currently matter are in
master, and all the codes that will matter are
in master.

Gary