[mythtv] #10305 heads up, mysql.txt removal + config.xml changes + UPnP fixes

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat May 5 14:24:59 UTC 2012

On 05/03/2012 10:24 AM, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> I've attached the latest patchset to the ticket. I just wanted to
> give everyone a heads up in case they had strong opinions on the
> config.xml format ...

> * config.xml is only rewritten when it changes, and this is done
>    in a safe manner so a crash will not wipe out your configuration.

Scripts using python bindings were found to convert config.xml files
from the new format back to the old. The 'unconverted' file will
have one long line. See: http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10692

Discussion on the -users channel this morning suggest that using perl
bindings may produce the same result.

--
Bill