[mythtv] Mac OS X build error "ld: -L <blank>"

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 22:00:58 UTC 2012

Hi

On Thursday, 29 March 2012, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:

> J-Y, you say there is a bug in QT.  I've searched their bug database but
I can't find anything specific to the problem I'm having.  I'm using QT
4.7.4, if that makes a difference.  In osx-packager-qtsdk.pl, I see you've
referenced a number of bugs.  AFAIK, none of them seems specific to this
issue.
> I really don't understand where I'm going off the rails.  I've carefully
compared the processes used by OS X buildbot AND at osx-packager.pl.
osx-packager.pl puts more stuff in environment variables while the buildbot
passes more on the command line to mythtv/configure.  I can reconcile the
LDFLAGS v. --extra-libs and --extra-ldflags.  But I don't see where the
blank -L is being generated.  The build log output generated is quite
detailed; could some kind soul have a look and point me in the right
direction?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26787680/0.25%20macports%20build%20fail%202012Mar28.txt
> Craig

I'm not going to spend any time debugging the old packager. It is my
intention to drop it as soon as 0.25 is released.