[mythtv] Mac OS X build error "ld: -L <blank>"

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Wed Mar 28 21:10:53 UTC 2012

At 3:14 AM +1100 3/28/12, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>On Wednesday, 28 March 2012, Craig Treleaven
><<mailto:ctreleaven at cogeco.ca>ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:
>
>>  I've been comparing my results to the osx buildbot and I can't
>>seem what I'm failing to do or doing differently.
>>

>The issue is a bug in Qt in that is simplifies to much libraries
>being added, if it was added earlier, the new line is simplified so
>you can end up with empty configuration.
>
>The issue is also with how myth create/call qmake, it's just not
>portable on a mac.
>
>I wish you good luck however, it has taken me 2 weeks to get a build
>script that work reliably with Xcode 4/llvm and using per-build
>version of Qt.
>
>What you're attempting to do isn't for the faint hearted.
>
>  > Craig
>>  * I'm trying to 'scratch my itch' for functional Perl and Python
>>bindings on OS X.  I hope to install the binding dependencies with
>>MacPorts and build with the bindings installed in the normal spots
>>rather than in the .app bundle.  If I can get this to work, I'll
>>certainly share.
>
>I am planning to work on this later. I was overseas the past 10
>days. So if you just wait a bit, you may get something that works.

J-Y, you say there is a bug in QT.  I've searched their bug database
but I can't find anything specific to the problem I'm having.  I'm
using QT 4.7.4, if that makes a difference.  In
osx-packager-qtsdk.pl, I see you've referenced a number of bugs.
AFAIK, none of them seems specific to this issue.

I really don't understand where I'm going off the rails.  I've
carefully compared the processes used by OS X buildbot AND at
osx-packager.pl.  osx-packager.pl puts more stuff in environment
variables while the buildbot passes more on the command line to
mythtv/configure.  I can reconcile the LDFLAGS v. --extra-libs and
--extra-ldflags.  But I don't see where the blank -L is being
generated.  The build log output generated is quite detailed; could
some kind soul have a look and point me in the right direction?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26787680/0.25%20macports%20build%20fail%202012Mar28.txt

Craig