[mythtv] QT3/QT4 Confusion in MythPlugins Configure Script

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Tue Mar 13 09:58:39 UTC 2012

On Monday 12 Mar 2012 20:10:32 R. G. Newbury wrote:
> On 03/12/2012 05:26 PM, Michael Hughes wrote:
> > Some systems may have both QT3 and QT4 installed. In this case "qmake"
> > may invoke QT3 and it may be necessary to use "qmake-qt4" explicitly to
> > get the later system. Invoke "qmake --version" to see what you have. For
> > reasons I have not investigated, "configure" for "mythtv" does not seem
> > to have a problem with this but the one for "mythplugins" does.  It is
> > necessary to use the "--qmake=qmake-qt4" argument with "configure" and
> > then invoke "qmake-qt4 mythplugins.pro" before running "make".  This
> > applies to both mythplugins 0.24.2 and 0.25-beta.
> mythv does not have the problem because there is no longer a mythtv.pro
> file, while mythplugins has a 'pro' file.

That's actually not the reason why it worked for MythTV. We used to have some
code in configure which would detect if we should be using qmake-qt4, it might
even still be there but something has changed which means the results of that
check aren't being pass to the mythplugins build. I'll look into it.
Stuart Morgan