[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: a5557a3bd by Jean-Yves Avenard (jyavenard)

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 13:10:33 UTC 2012

On 4 March 2012 23:25, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Which version broke it for you?
>
> I have reversed the change on linux and it should compile just fine now...
>
> problem with the previous code, is that it only worked on linux

I'd appreciate if you could revert your changes. Make sure you run
make distclean in libmythplugins.
Re-run configure, attempt a make

and send me the mythzoneminder/mythzmserver/Makefile

then go into mythplugins/mythzoneminder/mythzmserver
type make clean ; make

and post me the output.

Ill have a look, that should be all I need to solve your issue.

I'm starting to have an idea on what could be wrong.
Especially if you use a rather old version of gcc...

The link command on my machine is:

ccache g++ -c -pipe -D IGNORE_SCHEMA_VER_MISMATCH -D
IGNORE_PROTO_VER_MISMATCH -fPIC -g -Wall -Wno-switch -Wpointer-arith
-Wredundant-decls -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -funit-at-a-time
-D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS
-fvisibility-inlines-hidden -Wmissing-declarations -g -Wall -W
-D_GNU_SOURCE -DPREFIX="/usr/local/mythtv-trunk" -DMMX
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -Dlinux -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I.
-I/usr/local/mythtv-trunk/include -I/usr/include
-I/usr/local/mythtv-trunk -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/libxml2 -o
zmserver.o zmserver.cpp
ccache g++ -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -rdynamic -L/usr/lib/mysql
-lmysqlclient -o mythzmserver main.o zmserver.o
-L/usr/local/mythtv-trunk/lib

I'm guessing it dosn't like the -lmysqlclient being located before the
actual object files...

I thought those were problems from gcc 2.95 days only