[mythtv] Fedora 17 Compile Problem

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 13:43:47 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 8:20 AM, Bruce Taber <b.taber at comcast.net> wrote:
> I have a newly installed Fedora 17 installation that is having some new
> problems compiling. The latest version is: v0.26-pre-529-ga44c784 but this
> started earlier in the week. It can be corrected by including <unistd.h> in
> the file but I'm not sure that is the correct way to fix the problem since
> the same version compiles correctly on Fedora 16 in both 64 & 32 bit
> configurations without the need to have that specific #include in the file.
> I'm thinking the ./configure is not reporting a missing set of includes that
> I have yet to install on my Fedora 17 system but I'm not sure what it is
> missing.

No, adding unistd.h is correct but I thought that was already fixed.
The error only shows up in Fedora 17 because it's using gcc 4.7
whereas 16 is using 4.6.

I'm not having any issues building 0.25 on Fedora 17, so I assume
something was changed in frontend.cpp that now requires a function
provided by unistd.h.

Richard