[mythtv] Updating Gentoo ebuilds via script

Christian Oltenburger Christian.Oltenburger at bnv-bamberg.de
Wed Jun 6 16:13:08 UTC 2012

Hallo,

in the last weeks I worked on Gentoo ebuilds to get familiar to it. I
updated it for mythtv and a lot of people were asking for new ebuilds.
Raymond Wagner always mentioned to the build_ebuild.py script in the
packaging repository and added that he is currently working on a
refactoring of the same.

Unfortunately this script is not usefull for me since I'm not using
github but cloned the mythtv repository to my local server. So I have
some own ideas about a shell script being more flexible to fit my needs.

I'd like to know what is planned for the new script and what features it
supports to know if it makes sense to write my own script or wait for
the new one??

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Christian