[mythtv] MythTV UTC branch merge

danielk danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Jun 6 00:44:42 UTC 2012

On 06/05/2012 07:12 PM, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
> Yay!
>
> I've been wondering for a while, and figure now's the time to ask---
> how does this affect the names on disk of existing recordings, which
> were named using local time until now?  I assume they stay constant,
> and new recordings use UTC?  (And what happens if someone has a
> recording written using localtime, then loads this patch, and then
> myth wants to create a new recording with the same name because
> they're recording something from the same channel a few hours later
> and the two happen to now collide?  Obviously this can only happen
> in a window of a few hours after starting to run this code.)

Old recordings will use local time in their naming and new recordings
will use UTC. When there is a naming collision the recorder will try
again with the time incremented by one second (it increments this for
a while until it resolves the naming collision or the increment becomes
ridiculously large.)

-- Daniel