[mythtv] Format of new post-0.25 config.xml

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 3 18:37:08 UTC 2012

On 06/02/2012 04:29 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> Your shutdown script does some special stuff with mythfilldatabase,
> and I don't understand the reasoning. It appears you're blocking
> mythbackend from running it automatically, and have cron running the
> old +1/+14 update daily, and full update on Saturday. First, you
> should never be running '--refresh all' with Schedules Direct, use
> --dd-grab-all instead. However, why do you not want it run in this
> manner daily?

Please can you let me know what is the difference between --refresh all
and --dd-grab-all. According to the documentation dd-grab-all is for
DataDirect, and according to other pages, DataDirect is defunct and has
been replaced by Schedules Direct. Is this correct?

The --refresh-all works fine for me, what is the advantage of using
dd-grab-all?

What is the option if you don't want all days grabbed, just certain
days? With dd-grab-all it seems to be all or nothing.

Peter