[mythtv] MythTV life-cycle support intentions

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 00:59:05 UTC 2012

A developer question.  This is a question that I was unable to find
a documented answer to on either the main web site, nor the wiki.

Historically, it appears by observation, that "back-porting" fixes
from master has been mostly limited to (a) what is possible to
back-port (well, obviously!), and (b) one version.  So, for example,
during the (to be) 0.26 development cycle, many fixes were
backported to 0.25, but few to 0.24 (which may be more reflective
of (a) than anything else).

With the pending release of 0.26, does this mean that it is likely
that (with the occasional exception) that fixes in master will
likely be back-ported only to 0.26 and not 0.25 (and likely never
0.24)?

Regardless of the answer, could you point me to the page
that documents the developers intentions for life-cycle
support plans?  Note I am not asking for commitments
(details always matter, resources are sometimes not
available, etc.), just the general intentions.

Thanks.

Gary