[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by cpinkham. v0.26-alpha-16-g2e9333d

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Mon Jul 23 23:38:44 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-23, at 12:33 AM, Chris Pinkham wrote:

> This may be due to timecodes.  I don't rebuild them currently, I just
> follow what's in the source material and offset it to start at '1'.  If
> there are dropouts in the source material, it could affect playback.  I'll
> try to find a recording like this to test with, but if you can provide a
> clip, that would help.  I was testing a patch the night before last that
> will rebuild the timecodes based on the frames encoded, so that should
> hopefully fix this issue.

Here's my most pathological sample - a 3 minute 200 MB clip:

http://files.nassas.com/LotsOfDropouts.mpg

I believe the problem was too much signal for my tuner and after the first few seconds things go downhill until the 30 second mark and then they're in and out for the duration. My FE sends sound over an optical cable to a surround processor and it seems to extract as much audio as is there. Streaming the clip with mp3 audio comes pretty close to what I get with the FE while aac audio is an end to end disaster.

- George