[mythtv] Help needed for RPM Fusion package modernizaton

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 14:05:21 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Daniel Thor Kristjansson
<danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
> On 07/18/2012 09:18 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:
>>
>> Since 0.25.2 has been tagged I figured this was worth pinging....
>>>
>>> 1. The current package still installs a mysql.txt file. I think this
>>>
>>> is totally unneeded but wanted to check first. It also currently
>>> installs a blank config.xml in /etc/mythtv which I think is all I
>>> need.
>
> The 0.25 series uses mysql.txt, for 0.26 mysql.txt should not be installed.

Hmm... I know mysql.txt isn't obsolete in 0.25, but all of my systems
seem to have config.xml as well. I've been able to remove or rename
mysql.txt and everything appears to work.

 I assume the first time I ran mythtv-setup or mythfrontend that the
information in mysql.txt was "copied" into config.xml? If that's true,
is it safe to assume that all mysql.txt's can be removed?

Thanks,
Richard