[mythtv] Help needed for RPM Fusion package modernizaton

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Jul 18 13:54:46 UTC 2012

On 07/18/2012 09:18 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> Since 0.25.2 has been tagged I figured this was worth pinging....
>> 1. The current package still installs a mysql.txt file. I think this
>> is totally unneeded but wanted to check first. It also currently
>> installs a blank config.xml in /etc/mythtv which I think is all I
>> need.

The 0.25 series uses mysql.txt, for 0.26 mysql.txt should not be installed.

>> 2. Right now on sysv systems both HOME and MTYHCONFDIR are being set

Dunno about this. MYTHCONFDIR is used both to locate configuration
files and as a location for caches. It would make a lot of sense
to allow caches to go somewhere else.

>> As an aside from 2, I would like to know:
>> - If any other environment variables are used by the backend?

There are many, but other than those two I believe they are
just used for debugging.

>> - What components of mythtv use HOME and for what purposes.

As far as I know HOME is only used when MYTHCONFDIR isn't set. It's
used to create a myth configuration directory at $HOME/.mythtv

-- Daniel