[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by cpinkham. v0.26-pre-894-gf66816d

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 22:23:53 UTC 2012

Hi

On Tuesday, 17 July 2012, George Nassas wrote:.

> About the stuttering problem I was seeing earlier - I wonder if it's due
> to a mismatch between the declared segment length in the .m3u8 file and the
> actual length of the .ts clip. When watching a 1 hour recording I find that
> the progress bar gets to its 60 minute endpoint when the playback is
> actually around the 50 minute mark. That would happen if each .ts was
> actually 9.x seconds.

 Don't know about that encoding in particular but I do know about HLS
standard having read it many times and writing a decoder.
The segment size indicated in the m3u8 is the maximum size that should be
seen in the entire stream. There is no hard requirements that all segment
sizes should be the same , just that they shouldn't exceed the maximum
segment size. And even that spec isn't always compiled with as I've seen
plenty of live streams using any sizes.

At the end of the day, the HLS stream is just a mpeg-ts stream, and if
you're seeing an AV sync issue, the problem is in the mpeg-ts container and
not the HLS which has nothing to do with AV sync.

If you're using master, there's a way to rebuild the original mpeg-ts
stream from the HLS one, providing the actual mpeg-ts stream would be
easier to track why there's an AV sync issue.