[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by cpinkham. v0.26-pre-894-gf66816d

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Mon Jul 16 16:29:46 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-16, at 12:57 AM, Git Repo Owner wrote:

> commit f66816d5c7c2af13bc97986674b855021d9105a6
> Author:    Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at mythtv.org> at Sun, 15 Jul 2012 21:51:26 -0700
> Committer: Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at mythtv.org> at Sun, 15 Jul 2012 21:51:26 -0700
>
> HLS encoder enhancements.
> - Use AAC audio instead of MP3.  This negates the need for
> using --enable-libmp3lame on the command line since we now use the
> built in AAC encoder in libavcodec.  This change also requires
> converting the audio data to float for use by the encoder.  For
> now, this commit uses C code to do the int to float conversion,
> but a call to use AudioOutputUtil::toFloat() to use assembler to
> do this conversion should be enabled in the near future.

I just built this and I'm getting "CoreContext transcode.cpp:1140 (TranscodeFile) - avfw->Init() failed". The full log is at:

http://files.nassas.com/mythtranscode.20120716155739.7970.log
http://files.nassas.com/mythtranscode.20120716155739.7970.ffmpeg

the second file is an ffmpeg -i from the source recording in case that's interesting. It's from an atsc broadcast.

About the stuttering problem I was seeing earlier - I wonder if it's due to a mismatch between the declared segment length in the .m3u8 file and the actual length of the .ts clip. When watching a 1 hour recording I find that the progress bar gets to its 60 minute endpoint when the playback is actually around the 50 minute mark. That would happen if each .ts was actually 9.x seconds.

The reason I tie the two together is with the stuttering audio I find I can get it to correct itself by jumping back and forth in the stream a few times. A passage that stuttered the first time through will suddenly play OK. So, it looks like the audio is basically fine but the way it's being interpreted is wonky. I may be wrong but it sounds like a good theory.

- George