[mythtv] Systemd expertise needed: systemctl fails to start mythbackend

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 23:00:23 UTC 2012

On 07/05/2012 05:43 PM, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
 > It sounds to me like the config.xml file is not being found.  I
> *think* it needs to be in the homedir of the user running myth, *but*
> can be overridden with the MYTHCONFDIR environment variable.  To be
> safe, you probably want to symlink it so it's in both places.

Also note that in 0.26-pre that config.xml's format has changed (and
mysql.txt is no longer used.) So, your command line examples seem to
be run as root and your service has MYTHCONFDIR set. I'd do a:

   diff ~root/.mythtv/config.xml $MYTHCONFDIR/config.xml

Hopefully, they're different and MYTHCONFDIR's can be fixed.

--
Bill