[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 5e13d41a8 by Michael T. Dean (sphery)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jan 31 00:35:27 UTC 2012

On 01/30/2012 07:30 PM, MythTV wrote:
>        Author:  Michael T. Dean<mdean at mythtv.org>
>   Change Date:  2012-01-30T16:26:59-08:00
>     Push Date:  2012/01/30 16:29:49 -0800
>    Repository:  mythtv
>        Branch:  master
> New Revision:  5e13d41a8eea7faa030a07c9d19ce5efce5dc925
>     Changeset:  https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/5e13d41a8
>
> Log:
>
> Remove support for GNOME screensaver.
> Therefore, this patch removes the GNOME screensaver legacy inhibit
> support so that users of GNOME screensaver, like users of KDE
> screensaver, will fall back to getting DPMS-based screensaver control.
> If GNOME screensaver, like KDE screensaver, actually takes the hint when
> the DPMS state is changed, this should allow users to once again run
> GNOME screensaver (which has been unsupported since GNOME broke
> gnome-screensaver-command --poke) without the screensaver activating
> during playback.  If GNOME screensaver doesn't take a clue from the DPMS
> state, GNOME screensaver should be fixed.

If someone can confirm that GNOME screensaver does not activate during
playback after this change, I'd be happy to "backport" it to
0.24-fixes.  Note that the patch should apply to 0.24-fixes, too, so if
you compile MythTV yourself and are using 0.24-fixes, you can test it
without upgrading to unstable/development code.

Mike