[mythtv] MythMusic Playlists

Scott Moncrieff scottcmoncrieff at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 12:29:18 UTC 2012

I have written a small GUI based Java program that reads an iTunes
library and then recreates the playlists in MythMusic if a correct
file match is found. It seems to work well but I have a couple of odd
issues.

If I create a new playlist in MythMusic (using MythMusic or directly
in the database) and then query the database for that playlist it
returns the playlist table successfully but the playlist_songs field
remains empty until the frontend is exited and restarted. After a
restart playlist_songs has been populated with the correct track IDs.
The playlist and its contents are visible and can be selected in
MythMusic though before restarting so is there another temporary table
in the database that they are being stored?

I have also noticed that when I start a frontend, navigate to
Music/Select Music/All My Playlists and then select a playlist I can
then see what tracks are in that playlist. If I then scan for new
music, just the playlist names are there, I can select them but cannot
see the contents. If I exit the frontend and restart it I can then
navigate into the playlists and see the contents.  Is this normal
behavior?

Scott