[mythtv] Mythtv 0.26 build problem for Fedora Rawhide

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 18:38:53 UTC 2012

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 9:29 AM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway... I did it my way and it did indeed fix the problem.

Uglyness aside, the entire point was to validate that this is an
upstream (alsa) issue that they need to fix (whether they include
sys/types.h or the posix version, or whatever, is their choice).

If you had mentioned mock, I would have probably suggested
just trying a trivial test program of the form (not tested, probably
wrong):

#include <alsa/asoundlib.h>
int main () {}

Which should compile in F17, and would (probably) fail in rawhide.

In any case, since you have opened a case upstream, it will
eventually get addressed there.

btw, I am not a myth dev (which you stated in the bugzilla entry).
I am just someone who dabbles in the myth codes from time
to time, and wants to see future rpmfusion packages be made
available.

Gary