[mythtv] Mythtv 0.26 build problem for Fedora Rawhide

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Dec 10 16:58:49 UTC 2012

Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> writes:

>> Non trivial? I'd say it's pretty straight forward.
>>
>> - Unpack source
>> - Copy patch into <rpmbuild_root>/SOURCES
>> - Edit spec file to add patch and apply it
>> - rpmbuild -ba <specfile>
>>
>> done. :)
>
> Almost :) I'd have to build alsa in mock since I'm running 17, not
> rawhide, then you have to:
>
> mock -r fedora-rawhide-x86_64 --init
> mock -r fedora-rawhide-x86_64 --install <new alsa packages>
> mock -r fedora-rawhide-x86_64 --no-clean <mythtv srpm>
>
> Then (hopefully) done!

Not at all.  You could just post-patch the alsa include file from the
mock build of mythtv.  Just include a patch that literally patches
/usr/include/alsa...  but run it from the myth build.  You shouldn't
need to touch the alsa build.

> Richard

-derek