No subject

Sat Apr 21 16:38:38 UTC 2012

not CPU power. It is the amount of data sent over the pci/agp etc. video
bus.
Sending RGB is the worst.
Sending XV or YUV is better.
Sending XVMC is much better
Sending VDPAU or VAAPI is the best, but only slightly better than XVMC.

Another consideration is how to do overlays with each of the above.
OpenGL makes overlays easy, but does not perform well on some systems.
OpenGL and vdpau/vaapi go well together.
I don't understand why OpenGL with YUV blits turns out worse than XV,
because the amount of data over the bus should be the same.

James

--20cf300fb1b539da0204bf0cc8bb

&gt;<br>
&gt; On Wed, 2012-04-11 at 23:08 +1000, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Not in 0.26. I did some testing and the OpenGL video<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; renderers are just too demanding to run acceptably<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; on graphics cards released just last year.<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; What graphic cards have you tried for which OpenGL was too demanding?<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; even the Intel HD3000 has no issue handling OpenGL ; I can&#39;t think of<br>
&gt; &gt; a lower spec graphic card.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; It&#39;s a lower end laptop chip but it was in a new laptop I bought<br>
&gt; just last year. It was close enough that maybe some optimization<br>
&gt; might make it work, but it wasn&#39;t up to the job as is.<br>
&gt;<br>