[mythtv] db schema, metadata and season/episode numbering

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Mon Apr 30 13:21:49 UTC 2012

I've done some more checking.
The season and episode part of the <episode-num system="xmltv_ns"> tag is
only stored in the syndicated episode number field.
This is the part of the data that my grabber currently contains.
Example from my xmltv data:
<episode-num system="xmltv_ns">3 . 7 .</episode-num>
(part 8 season 4)

Result is that the partnumber is left empty.

My guess is that the recorded.season and episode is coming from
program.partnumber and parttotal that is not present in my xmltv data.

So, is this a problem that should be fixed in mythtv or the xmltv source
data?
I'm thinking mythtv.
Depending on how this is supposed to work I small adjustment to
mythfilldatabase or how the data is copied from the program table to the
recording may work.