[mythtv] Hardware profiler (was: [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by wagnerrp. v0.26-pre-109-gc6a6962 )

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Apr 23 23:25:29 UTC 2012

http://smolt.mythtv.org/

> 2) Is this intended to be run on backends, frontends or both?

At the moment, it checks whether it is allowed to run (per host), and
when the last time it has been run, when you start the frontend.  It
will only run if it has not updated in over a month.  It can only be
enabled by going into the frontend configuration wizard.  It can be
triggered manually through the backend web server, but the backend does
not automatically run it at this time.  I intend to clean up this
behavior for 0.26.

> 3) Minor, but has it been tested on OS X?  (Given that the Python
> bindings won't work.)

At the moment, there is actually a specific compile-time check such that
it will only run if on Linux.  Smolt was actually written for Fedora,
and MythDora users have been running it for years, but there hasn't been
a whole lot of effort towards collecting similar information from
non-Linux systems.