[mythtv] AMD To Drop Radeon HD 2000/3000/4000 Catalyst Support:

dargllun dargllun at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 21 12:40:36 UTC 2012

On 21.04.2012 00:59, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> We have since removed all ATI cards from workstations at work because
> they are simply not supportable for linux use.  Everything is now nvidia

Well, especially for workstations that's not really a valid argument, as
the opensource drivers are indeed pretty well maintainted, with active
support from AMD. Typically desktop performance is really good on ATI,
and due to the drivers being OSS you practially never have big support
issues. It's things like gaming which are difficult with the OSS
drivers. As written earlier in this thread, even video rendering is
(imho) at least on par when using OSS drivers.

Greg