[mythtv] RFE: Allowing backend to trigger S3 sleep while frontend is connected and idle

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Mon Sep 26 18:44:59 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-09-26 at 17:55 +0100, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Monday 26 Sep 2011 09:39:36 Marc MERLIN wrote:
> > I would like to propose (without code, sorry, but hopefully I'll inspire
> > someone), to do this:
> > - mythtvbackend keeps track if connected frontends are playing or idle
> > - if frontends are idle, a setting would allow the backend to go to sleep.
>
> I have patches to do exactly this which will be committed before the release
> of 0.25.

Stuart,

I have found that some dvb cards from various kernel versions require
re-opening in mythbackend after recovery from S3.  This is certainly
true of the Nova-S and tbs6981 with kernels from 2.6.36 thru 3.0.  It's
especially important if some dvb modules have to be unloaded for
suspend.  Does this patch cater for that?  At present I use an ACPI
script to restart the backend which is clumsy.

--
Lawrence