[mythtv] mythtv/master commit: 0e84bfed2 by Michael T. Dean (sphery)

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Wed Sep 21 03:28:56 UTC 2011

>> > Yes, there was a patch.  I thought I'd kept a copy of it myself, but
>> > can't seem to find it either.
>>
>> Hmmm, I think at this point that would be welcome. I had some ideas to
>> automate arrow acceleration a few years ago, but never found the time.
>
> Found it!
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2010-May/068496.html and
> http://www.ronfrazier.net/mythtv/0.22/index.html#ButtonListTriggerEvent

Yeah, that's the patch I wrote back for 0.22. I've updated it for 0.24
but never got around to uploaded before now. Since I saw this thread,
I figured I might as well get it online:
http://www.ronfrazier.net/mythtv/0.24/index.html#ButtonListTriggerEvent

That will provide a description of how it works and the links to the 2
patches. One change I made to my setup in 0.24 (as demonstrated in the
example theme patch) was to take advantage of the fact that the INFO
key is context sensitive in the Watch Recordings screen. INFO now
brings up a different menu depending whether you have the groups list
or the recordings list selected. So, in my example, I've got the right
arrow activating it in the recording list, and the left arrow
activating it in the group list.

--
Ron Frazier