[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 0e84bfed2 by Michael T. Dean (sphery)

E. Westbrook mythtv-dev at westbrook.com
Sun Sep 18 01:20:18 UTC 2011

On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 16:32, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> Well, somebody has been busy with real life and knew he wouldn't have
> time to have this argument--again.  And, in truth, all the complaining
> on the list about a topic that's been discussed to death has really
> sapped any motivation I would have had to work on MythTV in the short
> term, anyway.

I for one definitely didn't mean to start any argument.  Not being aware of
the history, I just wanted to know if it was intentional and to express my
preference.

We need consistency, and since there's currently no other plan that will
> give us consistency across the entire UI and across all themes (regardless
> of layout), we're starting, here, with a consistent lack of any kind of
> support for it.

Thanks for bringing me (and anyone else who missed the history) up to
speed.  I appreciate it a lot.

I'd have even appreciated hearing something like "yeah, sorry about that,
but it has to be this way for now, see the archives for ad nauseum arguments
and details."  So, to get your fuller explanation about it here is
delightful.  Thanks.

On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 16:39, Stuart Morgan <stuart at tase.co.uk> wrote:

> We're working on a solution, just give us some space. This is a busy time
> of year for everyone and the time we all devote to MythTV is reduced as a
> result.

Very reassuring, thanks.

All of the work is more appreciated than can probably be said (and certainly
more than is).

Thanks again,
Eric