[mythtv] Trailing spaces in callsigns

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 15 14:19:15 UTC 2011

On 09/15/2011 07:44 AM, Jerry Rubinow wrote:
> Would a patch be accepted which trimmed off trailing whitespace in the
> channel callsigns before doing the comparison for merging channels in
> the program guide?

Yes.  It would be much appreciated.  Should be able to just use
QString::trimmed() or QString::simplified()--the challenge is finding
all the places to use it (ideally would fix the mythtv-setup, frontend,
and MythWeb channel editors, and bonus points if you also fix the HTTP
setup channel editor.  And feel free to do the same for channel name,
too, if you don't mind.

I take it this is the answer to your thread, "[mythtv-users] Ye olde
duplicate channel question"?  If so, would you mind sending a
reply/update so the archives showing the solution for anyone searching
the list for answers to similar issues (and feel free to reference your
ticket).

Thanks,
Mike