[mythtv] Customized OSDs in mythtv

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 15:05:05 UTC 2011

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 11:21 PM, Toshish Jawale
<toshish.jawale at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am new to mythtv platform and I am exploring it. And I found that, one can
> add some functionality and OSDs also can be added in osd.xml and all that
> stuff, But I wanted to know that, can one create his own OSD in mythtv. By
> own OSD I mean that, the functionality of OSD should be defined
> independently, the way of accessing OSD may be different. For e.g. I did not
> find any component like "Button" in OSDs, so can we build new set of GUI to
> generate new OSD, and that OSD can also be displayed along with other OSDs.
> Does mythtv allows to create customized OSDs independent of the current
> theme?

As of the latest MythTV the OSD is tied with the general theme. You
can create your own by copying the files for the theme you currently
use and modifying it. I would suggest in the ~/.mythtv/themes/
directory of your frontend, this will always be added to that
frontends list of available themes. Definitely read the wiki on theme
editing as you will need to change the theme name to something else
for it to come up as a new different theme. From there you can modify
the OSD visuals.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!