[mythtv] Potential bug-report -- Mythfrontend crash on local broadcasts

Håkon Alstadheim hakon at alstadheim.priv.no
Fri Nov 25 01:06:57 UTC 2011

Hi, there is a crashing bug in the current mythtv front end, and (wise
from injury) I'd like to check that I've got everything included before
I submit the report :-) . Did I forget anything, or is this rather too
much? Don't know if the attachments will make it through the mail-list.
-----
In DVB-T in Norway local broadcasts are sent with different identifiers
in the stream from what the channel shows the rest of the day. This used
to crash in early 0.24, until it was fixed. Now in current head it has
been broken since I can remember. This failure mode might be a
regression from ticket #6703 , it is the same programmes and the same
channel that is failing again, i.e. a recordings containing switch-over
from one PID to another.

I have a sample of the start of a crashing recording here:

<http://alstadheim.priv.no/midnytt-start-til-bt.mpg> (10Mb)
(note: it is on a slow home ADSL-line with a dynamic IP-address)

I am running
----
Package: mythtv-frontend
Maintainer: MythTV Ubuntu Maintainers <ubuntu-mythtv at lists.ubuntu.com>
Architecture: i386
Version: 2:0.25.0~master.20111121.4f506d0-0ubuntu0mythbuntu3
---
4f506d0 refers to git commit

I will attach a terminal capture from the run (with myth output) and a
gdb log with a backtrace  (and a full thread backtrace)
They can be found here aswell
<http://alstadheim.priv.no/mythfrontend-crash-run-stdout.txt>
<http://alstadheim.priv.no/mythfrontend-backtrace.log>