[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: f5a2dc9d1 by Daniel Thor Kristjansson (daniel-kristjansson)

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Mon Nov 21 08:21:46 UTC 2011

On 21.11.2011 00:01, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-11-19 at 10:02 +0100, Karl Dietz wrote:
>> Find attached the output of dvbsnoop on a recording from one of the
>> channels with subtitles in DVB and teletext.
> <snip>
>
> It looks like you're asking for a lot more than just copying
> some descriptors around.

Yes, it appears as if I'm looking for both. Handling the descriptors
and getting them there in the first place (either via fixups or talking
to the stations).

 > I'll gladly review a patch, but I'm
> not going to implement a whole lot of teletext stuff seeing
> as I'm not in a DVB country and have a long list things I'd
> like to implement that I can test more easily.

I don't expect you to dive in and do the work. I was more interested in
hearing if there are plans in that direction. Having someone look at
potential patches is highly appreciated.

I've looked at AvFormatDecoder::ScanTeletextCaptions and saw it handles
only page types 1 (initial teletext page) and 2 (teletext subtitle page)
but not 5 (teletext subtitle page for hearing impaired people).

Is there a way to signal this difference in target audience?

Can you give me a hint on where to look for a place to hook up a
function that injects the correct addition to the teletext descriptor of
the PMT depending on the DVB ids?

Regards,
Karl